The MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme is an initiative that awards at least 500 qualified and full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology related courses.
The scholarship which is worth N200, 000 per year covers tuition, stipends, and book allowance. An awardee of the scholarship is expected to renew it every year provided he/she maintains a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit).
The eligibility of the scholarship include:
· A student must be in his/her second year of study at the time of application.
· An applicant from public Universities and Collages of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduate in 200 level/2nd year.
· An applicant from public Universities and Collages of Education in Nigeria must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and also must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) programme.
· The direct entry level students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and also must have secured admission into 2nd year in a public university.
Only students from the following courses will be considered:
· Agric. Extension and Rural Development
· Agricultural Science
· Animal Breeding and Genetics
· Animal Nutrition
· Animal Production and Health
· Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
· Applied Physics
· Chemical Engineering
· Civil Engineering
· Computer and Electronics
· Computer and Information Science
· Computer and Mathematics
· Computer Engineering
· Computer Science
· Electrical Engineering
· Electrical/Electronic engineering
· Electronics and Computer Technology
· Electronics Engineering
· Engineering Physics
· Industrial Physics
· Information Technology
· Mechanical Engineering
· Metallurgical and Material engineering
· Petroleum and Gas Engineering
· Physics Electronics
· Physics/Computational Modeling
· Pure/ Applied Physics
· Statistics and Computer Science
· System Engineering
Those who will apply will have their applications verified and the candidates who will be shortlisted will be invited for an assessment test. The candidates will be required to have with them, 2 recent passport photographs and originals as well as photocopies of the following documents:
a. A valid Student ID card.
b. Any other means of Identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
c. Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
d. Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study.
e. Admission letter for the HND programmes (For Polytechnic student only).
The deadline for application is Sep. 6th 2015, and you should be really thorough with your application since incomplete applications will be disregarded.